Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend Recap + Meal Planning

Hi friends I am sitting here with Brayden while he is eating breakfast and I am looking out the back door at the sunrise above the pasture and pond. It such a beautiful thing to see this morning and such gorgeous colors. All pretty in pinks and oranges! I love when the day starts this way! 

 I hope your weekend was fantastic! Mine was and I've got a lot to share so let's get to it okay! Friday when I picked up Brayden from school I was told he made a 100 on his spelling test AND his reading test! I was totally excited about it. Once Todd got home from work Brayden and I had a date night together. We ran to Hobby Lobby, Target, and Walmart looking for the perfect Valentines and we had to get items to decorate a box for his Valentine Party on Thursday. We ended up finding a Star Wars comic mailbox at Walmart and we were sold. By the way if you are looking for Valentines for your kids to hand out at school go to Walmart, they are way cheaper than what Target has. We grabbed some food on the way home and ate it here at home. We didn't get in until almost 9PM. Him and I had such a fun time laughing and talking about when he was younger.

Napping with little Miss Daisy May

Saturday it was kind of rainy out which resulted in us not really doing much that morning. Oh I also hit the 40lbs mark too. So with loosing 40lbs my boobies have shrunk and I needed a new bra! After an afternoon nap I decided I had enough energy to go bra shopping and grocery shopping. I went to JCP and tried on a few bras and thought I found one I like but I am going to take it back. It bothered me all day but I did find this shirt and jacket that I am obsessed with and I am thinking I may have to pick it up. What do you guys think?

I love this military jacket but I have no idea what I would wear under it...suggestions?? 

I've totally been wanting a shirt like this and I also want to get a pair of red skinnies to wear with it. What do you guys think??

As I was shopping I was texting Lacey and sending her pictures of the things I was finding and lusting over. Needless to say I walked out without getting them....yet! :) Once I left JCP I ran to the grocery. I would like to say I was able to purchase two weeks worth of groceries for $180, I am pretty stoked about that. 

Husbands fantastic French Toast..serious it is bomb.com


Sunday morning we woke up and once Todd made breakfast (French Toast) the boys ended up cuddling up in the recliner with me. It was so much fun so we decided to watch a movie. Of course we took a picture. I sent it to my mom and she was texting me back...I'd like to add she was in Church too! She is crazy! HA HA Once the movie was over Brayden and I filled out his Valentine's for Thursday then it was time for Gannon to take his nap. When he went down for him nap I turned on the IU game (IU won over OSU!! HOO HOO HOOSIERS!!) Todd ended up falling asleep and he was snoring so freakishly loud. I went and got Brayden's nurf gun to shoot at him but the damn thing got stuck and was making way to much noise and Brayden was laughing and it woke Todd up. I was attempting to video it too but it was a fail! Every Sunday I try to always make a nice family dinner so I made meatloaf cupcakes, mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls. Everyone loved it and then it was bath time for the boys. Then we watched a little TV as a family and then it was time for the kiddos to go to bed. 

Sunday Morning Movie Cuddles (I've got no idea what Brayden is doing with his arm up in the air)


Okay next up is meal planning for the week. 
Monday-Tacos
Tuesday-Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles
Wednesday-Tuesday's leftovers
Friday-Fend for ourselves
Saturday-Date night
How was your weekend? 

I am linking up with Carly and Molly for YOLO Monday (First timer) 

I am also linking up for the 2nd ever Monday Mingling! Come and join the fun with both the link ups!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun relaxing weekend! Ours was pretty similar. We got all of our errands done Sat because the weather was supposed to be bad on Sunday ... totally didn't happen.

    Congrats on hitting the 40lb mark!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!