Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad! Book Club Friday

TGIF! I'm not sure about you but with the 4th being on Wednesday I felt like Wednesday was actually Sunday. Anyway I hope ya'll had a fantastic week and have a fabulous weekend planned!

I'm linking up with for Book Club Friday! I've been M.I.A. for a few weeks! I haven't had the time to read and I am not sure about ya'll but after reading the 50 Shades books I couldn't get "into" another book like I did with Grey! The book I have read this week is such an easy fast read. It is called the "Bridesmaid Lotto". At first I thought it was going to be so dumb I wouldn't even finish it but it turned out to be really good. 

Amazon says:
Josephine McMaster is pretty and smart, but very much a klutzy mess. Finally, at 26, she may have actually lost the dreaded ‘McMaster the Disaster’ nickname that has followed her around her whole life.

Josie’s quite content to be single, much to her mother’s disappointment. So when a bizarre contest is announced where a socialite is holding a lottery to pick her bridesmaids (and rake in a little extra cash), she can’t roll her eyes fast enough, even if it does mean meeting Jake Hall, her one and only movie star crush. Obviously, Josie doesn’t enter the bridesmaid lottery, so you can imagine her surprise when her picture pops up among the winners, thanks to Mom. With a little prodding -- okay bribing -- Josie agrees to participate.

The wedding turns into the event of the year, and Josie finds herself in the middle of a paparazzi feeding frenzy, which gets even crazier after Jake Hall takes a special interest in her.

Can Josie handle the pressure in the spotlight? Is it possible she might really have a chance with Jake Hall? And if she’s busy worrying about all that, how in the heck is she going to keep ‘McMaster the Disaster’ from showing up in front of the entire world?


If you are looking for a good read I say go grab it. It was a free one on the Kindle list. There are two more books in the series that I can't wait to read. They are short too. The ending leaves you hanging to where you really should go grab the second one! Let me know if you enjoy this book!


 Today is my daddy's birthday! Yes I am 30 years old and still call my dad "daddy". That will never change! :) Everyone says that they have the best daddy but sorry I KNOW I have the best daddy! :) My daddy always worked three jobs. Not because he had to but because he wanted too. He wanted to give mom and I a fantastic life to where we could do what we wanted too ( vacations, gymnastics, and what not) My daddy always traveled to every competition to watch and cheer me and my friends on.

This is the first year we have not been able to celebrate either one of our birthdays together. Even though we are not together physically I know we are there mentally. :) Daddy once you and mom are down in here in a little over a month we will have to celebrate all of our birthdays together! Thank you for always working so hard for mom and I. You are the best papaw in the world. The boys love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. This book does sound cute! I'm going to have to check it out, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with reading and I might just have to check out 'Bridesmaid Lotto' as well! But, after 50 Shades i'm not sure what I can read that compares to that!!! I love quick reads though! Is the book long?

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!