Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thankful

I have four very important men in my life. My daddy, my husband, and my two boys. My daddy started out on the way I looked at a man while I was growing up. He showed me what a marriage should be and how a father should be towards their children. I always knew that my standard for finding a husband was set very high and I would not just settle for anything or anyone. For everyone who knows me they know that I am one determined hard headed person; when I set out to do or get something I will do it or get it one way or another. So when I met Todd the bar was set very high. I knew instantly he was the one I was going to marry and spend the rest of my life with. He meshed well with my family and friends. He keeps me on my toes still to this day. Most of all he loves me to the moon and back.  



Todd is my best friend, hard worker, fabulous dad and so much more. When Todd and I met I was not expecting much. We were set up by mutual friends. My friend was over at his place which he shared with his roommate. His roomie and my friend were actually dating. So when my friend called me and told me she wanted to introduce me to her boyfriends roommate I didn't think much of it. I told her I would be over in a bit after I went for a run. So I did my thing and then went over to their place. They weren't home from work yet so we just had to wait which seemed like forever. Really is was only like 20 mins. In the meantime I told my friend if he is weird or what not I am leaving. Friends is on tonight and I don't want to miss the episode. So Todd and the roommate pull up and Todd gets out of the car and I can't speak. He says hi and I manage to say hello back. Then he asks me to open the door for him (he was carrying a huge box) and I looked at him like who me. He totally had to think I was a dumb blonde. We ordered pizza but got dessert from Dominoes and while we were out we decided to go grab a movie. He told me I could pick the movie. So I picked Jay and Silent Bob. Once we got back and started watching the movie I only stayed for like 30 mins. By this time it was getting late and I had school the next day and he had work. Not to mention he needed to be wanting to spend more time with me so I had to play hard to get a little bit! :) He walked me to my car and asked for my number. He called me the next day once I was done with my classes. He asked me out on a date for that night. I had the worst time picking out something to wear. I ended up wearing a short skirt. Did I also mention he was late for our date like an hour late. He decided once he got home from work to relax for a few mins and drink a beer or two maybe three before he got ready. MEN! He took me out to the Olive Garden to eat and then we went to a movie. He walked me back up to my apartment and that is the end of it. We basically moved in with each other then. I never did believe in love at first site until I met him. I have never been speechless before.

 He has taught me a lot over the past ten years that we have been together. We have had our ups and downs like most couples. Four months into our relationship he took me to Spain to spend time with his family. That was the best ten days ever! I doubt I would have ever experienced that if we hadn't met. He has taught me how to love. He has taken over the role on treating me like a princess thanks to my daddy. :) He has given me a chance to be a mom to two wonderful boys. He has taught me to trust.  I think trust is the hardest thing in a relationship. I also hope that I have taught him some stuff to over the past ten years. I know I have taught him that when I have my woman gut feeling to go with that because I ALWAYS end up being right! ;)

 Our biggest adventure started a couple of months ago when we took the leap of faith to pick up and move to a different state 1,000 miles away from our friends, family, and everything we know. We know absolutely nobody in Texas. What we will do is make memories and have many adventures in our new state. What I admire most about my husband is how he is down in Texas now working at his new job and keeping us up here. It's hard not having my husband around but I am surrounded by our friends and family. He has just the people he works with.




 There are times throughout the day that I sit back and wonder how lucky I am to get a man like him. I always knew that when I grew up I wanted to marry a man like my daddy. I think know I scored big time. I am thankful that I have someone that supports me in everything I do. I am thankful that my husband works so hard so I can be a stay at home mom. I am thankful that I have a husband who is a fantastic role model for our boys. I am thankful that he loves our boys to the moon and back and more! Most of all I am thankful that I married my best friend.

Babe I know I don't tell you enough but I am very proud for the man that you have grown to become. I am so proud of you on how hard you work for our family. I know right now it is tough that we are not all together but we will be back together under one roof soon. This is just making our relationship a lot stronger. I am very proud on the direction that you are taking your career. I love to watch on how ambitious you are. Thank you for giving me my perfect little family.


XO -Lins

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously the most romantic thing I have ever read ~ So sweet!! Shari,Carmichael Sims

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!