Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baked Ziti Fra Diablo

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately. Things have been so busy around here with the holidays and all. The hubs was off work for almost two weeks so we spent a lot of family time together and toy playing with the boys!

Our local news station puts out a cookbook every year around Christmas time. This was the first year my husband picked one up for me. Last night I tried the first recipe out of it. Let me tell you it was sooo yummy!

Kosher Salt
1lb penne pasta
1/2 C Marinara Sauce
2 tablespoons pesto
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
1C shredded mozzarella cheese


1. Preheat over to 425 degrees
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and then add pasta. I like to add salt to my pasta once in the water that way it flavors it.
3. In a mixing bowl combine Marinara, pesto and crushed red peppers. Mix well. Once pasta is fully cooked add to the mix and stir to make sure the pasta is covered in the sauce. Then add the pasta to a baking dish and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese. Bake for about 8-10 mins until cheese is nice and bubbly.


Sorry for the crappy picture it was taken with my iphone

I then decided to grab some rolls out of the fridge and add some pesto and mozzeralla cheese to them too. So what I did was melt some butter and spread that all over the roll then spooned some pesto then added some cheese. Baked at 350 degrees for about 10 mins. 


These are the rolls before I baked them. I didn't get a picture after they came out. The hubs dug into the rolls. What can I say we love our pesto around here! 

* I took the easy way out with the pesto and purchased it from the store.
**Source for the recipe was Sunrise Cookbook Home for the Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment and I read every comment. Please make sure your email address is set up so I can respond to you! Thank you for stopping by CRCL!